hive-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Mains <andrew.ma...@kontagent.com>
Subject Re: can I run cdh5, with Apache Hive 0.13.1 ? I would like to try out the Hive-on-Tez
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:30:00 GMT
We've been running hive 13 over CDH5 with MRv1. Things have worked
pretty much out of the box thus far--we haven't run into any
HDFS/mapreduce compatibility issues, for instance. The caveats Edward
mentioned are definitely worth taking note of; we haven't tried running
12 and 13 concurrently, and I imagine there might be issues with such a
setup for the reasons he described.

  So, anecdotally, the answer is yes, at least for hive 13 against CDH 5
with MRv1 :)

Andrew