hive-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Weiler <Kevin.Wei...@imc-chicago.com>
Subject Re: hive query with in statement
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:49:34 GMT
This is a relatively old stack overflow post. I’m not sure what version you guys are using,
but IN seems to work just fine for me.

--
Kevin Weiler
IT

IMC Financial Markets | 233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 4300 | Chicago, IL 60606 | http://imc-chicago.com/
Phone: +1 312-204-7439 | Fax: +1 312-244-3301 | E-Mail: kevin.weiler@imc-chicago.com<mailto:Kevin.Weiler@imc-chicago.com>

On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:58 AM, Sreenath <sreenaths1923@gmail.com<mailto:sreenaths1923@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

hive doesn't support IN clause. you might want to check out http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7677333/how-to-write-subquery-and-use-in-clause-in-hive

On 12 August 2014 17:07, ilhami Kalkan <ilhami1985@hotmail.com<mailto:ilhami1985@hotmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi all,
I have a problem with IN statement in HiveQL. My table "cdr", column
"calldate" which type is "date". First query is successfully return:
select * from cdr where calldate = '2014-05-02';

But when query with IN statement,

select * from cdr where calldate in ( '2014-08-11','2014-05-02');

it returns below exception:

Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: SemanticException
[Error 10014]: Line 1:38 Wrong arguments ''20014-03-02'': The arguments
for IN should be the same type! Types are: {date IN (string, string)}
(state=42000,code=10014)

How can I handle this?
Thanks.

Hive version 0.12

--
Sreenath S Kamath
Bangalore

________________________________

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

It may contain confidential and /or privileged material. If someone other than the intended
recipient should receive this e-mail, he / she shall not be entitled to read, disseminate,
disclose or duplicate it.

If you receive this e-mail unintentionally, please inform us immediately by "reply" and then
delete it from your system. Although this information has been compiled with great care, neither
IMC Financial Markets & Asset Management nor any of its related entities shall accept
any responsibility for any errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this information or
for the consequences thereof, nor shall it be bound in any way by the contents of this e-mail
or its attachments. In the event of incomplete or incorrect transmission, please return the
e-mail to the sender and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all known viruses. Always scan attachments before
opening them.