hive-user mailing list archives

From CHEBARO Abdallah <Abdallah.CHEB...@murex.com>
Subject RE: Distributed data
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:52:04 GMT
First of all, thank you, the information is very helpful.

Can you please provide me more details about “If your hadoop is setup with same filesystem
as hdfs, hive will take care of it “ ?

Thanks

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:50 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Distributed data

If your hadoop is setup with same filesystem as hdfs, hive will take care of it

If your hdfs is totally different than where the file resides, then you need to get the file
from that filesystem and then push it to hive using load

if that filesystem supports import/export with tools like sqoop then you can use them as well

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM, CHEBARO Abdallah <Abdallah.CHEBARO@murex.com<mailto:Abdallah.CHEBARO@murex.com>>