hive-user mailing list archives

From Charles Robertson <charles.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject SerDe errors
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:05:35 GMT
Hi all,

I have a Hive table which relies on a JSON SerDe to read the underlying
files. When I ran the create script I specified the SerDe and it all went
fine and the data was visible in the views above the table. When I tried to
query the table directly, though, I received a ClassNotFound error. I
solved this by putting the SerDe JAR in /usr/lib/hive/lib.

Now, however, when I try to query the data I get:

Failed with exception
java.io.IOException:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.json.JSONObject cannot be cast to
[Ljava.lang.Object;

(The serde is the json serde provided by Apache)

Can anyone suggest why it was working before, but no longer is?

Thanks,
Charles