hive-user mailing list archives

From Alex Nastetsky <anastet...@spryinc.com>
Subject Re: metastore join TBLS to COLUMNS_V2
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:35:59 GMT
Figured it out (actually by doing the same type of stuff on the metastore
itself, using the information_schema database).

For example, to see which tables have a column called "some_column_name" in
database "some_database", do the following:

select t.tbl_name
from DBS d
join TBLS t
  on d.db_id=t.db_id