hive-user mailing list archives

From Devopam Mittra <devo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I know one table is a partitioned table in hive?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 04:00:59 GMT
If you have mySQL as your metastore , you may use something similar to
below:

SELECT tbl.TBL_NAME,COUNT(DISTINCT part.PART_NAME) AS partition_count
FROM metastore_db.TBLS tbl, metastore_db.PARTITIONS part
WHERE tbl.TBL_ID = part.TBL_ID
AND tbl.TBL_TYPE = 'MANAGED_TABLE'
GROUP BY tbl.TBL_NAME;

Do remember to change the db name to yours before testing it out :)
regards
Dev

--
Devopam Mittra