hive-user mailing list archives

From Imran Akbar <im...@infoscoutinc.com>
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:49:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm running a Hive query on my EMR cluster, and running into this issue
which is causing the task to fail:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Hive Runtime Error while
processing row [Error getting row data with exception
The full stacktrace is: http://pastebin.com/R1gemHHE

When I take the same query (which is doing 18 LEFT OUTER JOINs), and split
it up into two smaller queries - it works just fine.  I've looked at the
logs on the task nodes too, but they don't go into any further detail other
than saying:

"org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazybinary.LazyBinaryStruct (main): Missing
fields! Expected 50 fields but only got 40! Ignoring similar problems"
right before the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Does anybody know what's going on?  I'm running version 0.11

thanks,
imran