hive-user mailing list archives

From Db-Blog <mpp.databa...@gmail.com>
Subject Learn Java for Hadoop
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:27:20 GMT
Greetings to everyone.

I am a newbie in Java and seeks guidance in learning "Java specifically required for Hadoop".
It will be really helpful if someone can pass on the links/topics/online-courses which can
be helpful to get started on it.

I come from ETL & DB- SQL background and currently working on Hive/Impala/Pig/Sqoop since
couple of years.

I have done some research on other tools of Big Data and Java will be required in depth. Below
is the list of tools analysed :
- Real time processing  (Apache Kafka and  Storm)
- Advance Searching (Solr/Lucene)
- Machine learning (Apache Mahout)

Please feel free to comment if I am off-base on anything.

Kindly suggest regarding the same and thanks for going thru the post and providing your valuable
time.

Thanks,
Saurabh