hive-user mailing list archives

From Felix Wang <>
Subject Supported character set of hbase.columns.mapping?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 04:21:12 GMT

We want to create Hive EXTERNAL TABLE to map to HBase tables.

Our questions is, what kind of character set "hbase.columns.mapping" can

For example,  for below clause.

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE SomeTable (Default_Key STRING, `Hive Column Name`
STRING) STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH
SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = "HBase Column Name")
TBLPROPERTIES("" = "SomeHBaseTable");

What kind of character set of "HBase Column Name" can support?

Especially, seems like when there are COLON (:) or COMMA (,)  it does not
work. Is there any workaround (like, how to escape them) in these cases?

View raw message