hive-user mailing list archives

From Db-Blog <mpp.databa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling blob in hive
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:34:56 GMT
You can store Blob data type as string in hive.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Sent from my iPhone, please avoid typos.

> On 08-Aug-2014, at 9:10 am, Chhaya Vishwakarma <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@lntinfotech.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to store and retrieve blob in hive.Is it possible to store blob in hive?
> If it is not supported what alternatives i can go with?
> Blob may reside inside an relation DB also.
> I did some research but not finding relevant solution
>
> Regards,
> Chhaya Vishwakarma
>

> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged
information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking
action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information,
and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept
responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus
or disabling code in this e-mail"