hive-user mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: pass new job name to tez
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 01:19:13 GMT
I created another variable hive.job.name and set it from sql script and works.

Thanks,
Robert

On Monday, August 25, 2014 5:40 PM, Grandl Robert <rgrandl@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

I am still struggling with finding a way to specify a job name in the hive query and propagate
that name in Tez dag. For example my hive script is named query55.

Do you know a way I can pass this name to be available in Tez dag ?

Navis suggested to look at hive.query.id. I tried in my query55.sql to do a set hive.query.id=query55;
but the name did not change actually.

Did someone try this before, or have more suggestions about an easy way to do it ?

Actually what I want to achieve here is to correlate a tez dag with a query name. So have
a tez dag name to be specified by the user, and hence comes through the hive query.

Thanks,
Robert