hive-user mailing list archives

From CHEBARO Abdallah <Abdallah.CHEB...@murex.com>
Subject RE: SELECT specific data
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:39:28 GMT
“With hive, without creating a table with full data, you can do intermediate processing like
select only few columns and write into another table”. How can I do this process?

Thank you alot!

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:37 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: SELECT specific data

sorry hit send too soon ..
I mean without creating intermediate tables, in hive you can process the file directly

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com<mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com>>
wrote:
With hive, without creating a table with full data, you can do intermediate processing like
select only few columns and write into another table,

If this is something one time then you can take a look at awk or cut commands in linux and
generate those files only.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:49 PM, CHEBARO Abdallah <Abdallah.CHEBARO@murex.com<mailto:Abdallah.CHEBARO@murex.com>>