hive-user mailing list archives

From <shouvanik.hal...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Need urgent help
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 04:46:45 GMT
The user has read permission
Its
rw-r—r—
Thanks,
Shouvanik

From: hadoop hive [mailto:hadoophive@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:45 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: RE: Need urgent help

Jar must have read permission by that user. Which you are using to run the jobs.
On Jul 2, 2014 9:37 AM, <shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com<mailto:shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com>>
wrote:
Can you please elaborate on the permission

Hi,
Cannot add a jar to hive classpath.
Once I launch HIVE, I type -> ADD JAR hdfs://xx.xx.xx.xxx:9000/user/ipg_intg_user/AP/scripts/lib/wsaUtils.jar;

I get the error,
Failed to read external resource hdfs://xx.xx.xx.xxx:9000/user/ipg_intg_user/AP/scripts/lib/wsaUtils.jar
Query returned non-zero code: 1, cause: hdfs://xx.xx.xx.xxx:9000/user/ipg_intg_user/AP/scripts/lib/wsaUtils.jar
does not exist.