hive-user mailing list archives

From Manish Kothari <Manish.Koth...@vonage.com>
Subject Error while renaming Partitioned column name
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:20:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a table name siplogs_partitioned which is partitioned by columns str_date(DATE) and
str_hour(INT). I want to rename the partitioned columns to call_date and call_hour.

I am using the below command to alter the partitioned column name: -

ALTER TABLE siplogs_partitioned PARTITION str_date RENAME TO PARTITION call_date;

When I run the above command I am getting an error : -

FAILED: ParseException line 1:12 cannot recognize input near 'siplogs_partitioned' 'PARTITION'
'str_date' in alter table partition statement

Is the "ALTER TABLE" usage correct to rename the partitioned column names?

Any pointer or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish