hive-user mailing list archives

From Venkat V <venka...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues configuring LDAP on Hive server 2
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 00:57:01 GMT
Hi Users/Developers/Committers

We use Amazons EMR for our Hadoop needs.
We needed to configure LDAP for HiveServer2 so that only a specific set of
users in LDAP say like Groups=HiveUser. We are unable to configure this.

Our LDAP URL definition is ignored by the hive server and allows any valid
LDAP user in my company to use it. For example it ignores all parameters
after the PortNumber.

The only working configuration is as below.

 If I add any further filter like below it ignores it

Is this the feature or the limited support for LDAP? Or is there any ways
to configure.

We dont have LDAP and we use ActiveDirectory.

Appreciate the support.

--
Venkat V