hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HiveServer2 Availability
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:32:34 GMT
I have put stAndard load balancers infront before and wrote a thrift show
tables as a test.

On Friday, July 25, 2014, Raymond Lau <rlau@ooyala.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with a multiple-machine HiveServer2 setup?
 Hive needs to be available at all times for our use-case, so if for some
reason, one of our HiveServer2 machines goes down or the connection drops,
the user should be able to just re-connect to another machine.
> In the end, we'd like a system where someone just connects to, for
example, hiveserver2.company.com and the user is automatically routed to a
server round-robin style.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/hyz76OkGgnUwiU5b-fZWpAjIcTm-SaytgiFJAbgc6A_dzWIRMpwuB1497LLBOhbB4GU7X04YXaB9B4Qth_bB042dxPIXbHONj8r6LCTlp6Mt3QQpj3c

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.