hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashu Pachauri <a...@rocketfuelinc.com>
Subject Re: GetTables is very slow when the table number is large
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:26:00 GMT
There is a max limit size for the number of tables (maxRows) but it does
not help because the call internally fetches all the table objects and then
truncates the result set based on the maxRows argument. So, it is dependent
only on the total number of tables your database has.

I have also been experiencing this issue. It is very very slow, basically
it is unusable.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Ashu Pachauri