hive-user mailing list archives

From Navis류승우 <navis....@nexr.com>
Subject Re: Help on restricting users
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 03:00:08 GMT
If there is proper authentication mechanism, you can access the user
information and query plan in HookContext. And with some tricky way, it's
possible to find if the query is select * or not.

But if it's not the case(no authentication) and cannot control login name
of hive JDBC, hook might not that helpful.

Thanks,
Navis