hive-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Nelson <snel...@vnomicscorp.com>
Subject Custome Storage Handler & Input Format with GenericUDFIn
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:12:23 GMT
Hi,
I'm creating a custom storage handler using the HBase storage handler as an example. I'm trying
to implement querying the Hive table using the IN (arg0, arg1, ...) operator. I've found that
the operator is org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDFIn. I'm trying to get the
constant values in the right side of the operator, but I've been unsuccessful so far. I'm
using the following code to evaluate the search condition's constant description:

ExprNodeConstantEvaluator eval = new ExprNodeConstantEvaluator(sc.getConstantDesc());
writable = eval.evaluate(null);

When I execute with the storage handler, I get that writable is an instance of IntWritable,
not an array. Further, the value of the IntWritable is the first argument of the IN operator.
How do I get the other arguments?

Thanks,
Samuel