hive-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <>
Subject Hive does not show data generated with HCatOutputFormat
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:47:42 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on a compatibility layer that enables using the
HCatOutputFormat with Apache Incubator Flink. I followed the
corresponding wiki page
for my implementation. I'm now able to execute a job and the
HCatOutputFormat finishes without any exception and stores files like
"_SUCCESS", "part-m-00000" (with reasonable size and as RCFiles) in
"/user/hive/warehouse/my.db/my_table/date=2014-04-07/", however, Hive
still doesn't find any data in the table. When I execute "SELECT * FROM
my_table;" the result is always empty.

Do I somehow have to register the files I have created before I can
access them within Hive? Or is there anything I could do wrong?
I'm using the Hive version of CDH 5.

Thanks in advance.

View raw message