hive-user mailing list archives

From Bhuvana Bellala <Bhuvana.Bell...@cormac-corp.com>
Subject Querying a time stamp
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:01:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a column called dateofbirth in my hive table and the date of birth is stored as a BigInt
(Unix_timestamp). Now I want to query this table using this query

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE dataofbirth=unix_timestamp('2011-10-08');

However, this query is returning 0 results but I know there are 11 entries whose date of birth
is 2011-10-08. Is there any way I can query hive for this information?

[Cormac_logo]

Bhuvana Bellala| Intern
13921 Park Center Road, Suite 180, Herndon VA 20171|
CMMI Maturity Level 3 Rated| GSA Schedule 70| SBA SDB, 8(a)|
www.cormac-corp.com<http://www.cormac-corp.com/>

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.