hive-user mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 21:52:12 GMT
Hi guys,

I am trying to identify a DAG in Tez with a different id, based on job
name(for e.g. query55.sql from hive-testbench) + input size.

So my new identifier should be for example query55_2048MB. It seems that a DAG in tez, already
takes a name which comes from a jobPlan.getName()
passed through google protobuf thing. Because the DAG is generated in Hive, I think the new
identifier should come from Hive right ?

Can you pinpoint me which classes, I should change in Hive in order to propagate the new identifier
for the DAG ? The TEZ dag seems to be created in TezTask.java, but I am not sure how to take
the job name from command line and propagate it here. when DAG is build.

Thanks,
Robert