hive-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: custom table/column statistics
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 02:13:02 GMT
Column group statistics is not supported in hive yet.

Thanks
Prasanth

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 8, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Alex Nastetsky <anastetsky@spryinc.com> wrote:
>
> Table statistics collection was added in HIVE-33 (numRows, rawDataSize, etc). Is there
anything that lets you create your own statistics gathering?

> For example, given table A with columns x, y, z, I want to gather count(distinct x, y)
as a statistic that would be stored in the metastore.

> I know there exist column level statistics that have approximations for distinct for
a single column, but that doesn't help my use case above where I have 2 columns involved.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE