hive-user mailing list archives

From Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdon...@bateswhite.com>
Subject RE: simple insert query question
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:09:39 GMT
Got it. Thanks!

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:08 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Cc: Nishant Kelkar
Subject: Re: simple insert query question

remember in hive, insert operation is

1) from a file
2) from another table

hive's underlying storage is hdfs which is not meant for having just single record kind of
stuff (as of now, this will change once hive starts supporting ACID actions in coming releases)

1) either create a sample file and load data in table using file
2) or create a dummy table and then write insert into table select from table2 kind of dummy
query

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Clay McDonald <stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com<mailto:stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com>>