hive-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject Re: HCatalog access from a Java app
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2014 14:11:34 GMT
I’m also experimenting with version 0.13, and see that it differs from 0.12 significantly.
Can you give me a code example for 0.13?

Thanks
Brian

On Jun 13, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Brian Jeltema <brian.jeltema@digitalenvoy.net> wrote:

> Version 0.12.0.
>
> I’d like to obtain the table’s schema, scan a table partition, and use the schema
to parse the rows.

> I can probably figure this out by looking at the HCatalog source. My concern was that
> the HCatalog packages in the Hive distributions are excluded in the JavaDoc, which implies
> that the API is not public. Is there a reason for this?
>
> Brian
>
> On Jun 13, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Dmitry Vasilenko <dvasilen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You should be able to access this information. The exact API depends on the version
of Hive/HCat. As you know earlier HCat API is being deprecated and will be removed in Hive
0.14.0. I can provide you with the code sample if you tell me what you are trying to do and
what version of Hive you are using.