hive-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hive variables
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:17:16 GMT
hive variables are not replaced on mapreduce jobs but when the query is
constructed with the variable.

if you are running two difference hivesessions, the variables will not be
mixed.

If you are setting variables with same name in same hive session then the
last set value will be picked

--
Nitin Pawar