hive-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Vasilenko <>
Subject Re: HCatalog access from a Java app
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:10:38 GMT
You should be able to access this information. The exact API depends on the
version of Hive/HCat. As you know earlier HCat API is being deprecated and
will be removed in Hive 0.14.0. I can provide you with the code sample if
you tell me what you are trying to do and what version of Hive you are

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Brian Jeltema <> wrote:

> I’m experimenting with HCatalog, and would like to be able to access
> tables and their schema
> from a Java application (not Hive/Pig/MapReduce). However, the API seems
> to be hidden, which
> leads leads me to believe that this is not a supported use case. Is
> HCatalog use limited to
> one of the supported frameworks?
> Brian

View raw message