hive-user mailing list archives

From Chhaya Vishwakarma <Chhaya.Vishwaka...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Storing result of a query in a variable
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 07:06:41 GMT

Hi ,

I have a query whose result I wanted to store in a variable
How can I do it ?
I tried

./hive -e  "use telecom;insert overwrite local directory '/tmp/result' select
avg( a from abc;"

./hive --hiveconf MY_VAR =`cat /tmp/result/000000_0`;

I am able to get average value in MY_VAR but it takes me in hive CLI which is not required

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"