hive-user mailing list archives

From "Botelho, Andrew" <>
Subject UDAF Class Deprecated
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:47:37 GMT
Hi all,

I brought up some old code that creates a UDAF (User-Defined Aggregate Function) in order
to find the range of a column of integer values.
However, I am now using an updated Hive (version 13.0) and am getting warnings saying that
the UDAF class is now deprecated.
I attached the file that throws the warning, but here is beginning of the code where the warning

import org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.*;

public class Range extends UDAF { // this is the deprecated class

        public static class RangeIntUDAFEvaluator implements UDAFEvaluator {

If anybody knows what classes/interfaces Hive now wants us to use to make a UDAF, I'd be very
appreciative to find out.

Andrew Botelho
EMC Corporation
Education Services