hive-user mailing list archives

From Patcharee Thongtra <Patcharee.Thong...@uni.no>
Subject java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type timestamp not present
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 19:23:58 GMT
Hi,

I am using hive 0.13 and I created a table with a column date in
timestamp format.
When I used pig script to store data into the table I got exception
java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type timestamp not present

This is my pig script

result = FOREACH result_raw GENERATE generate ToDate(dateString,
'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss') as date:DateTime, zone, z, u, v, th, qv, ph;
store result into 'fino31' using org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatStorer();

This link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HCatalog+LoadStore#HCatalogLoadStore-DataTypesSupportedinHive0.13.0andLaterReleases.1

mentions that hive 0.13 supports timestamp and in pig we should provide
DateTime to store in timestamp column. I did as mentioned but I got the
exception.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Patcharee