hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hive-0.13 java.io.FileNotFoundException: HIVE_PLAN not found
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:04:49 GMT
Can you confirm you're using Hive 0.13? The stack trace looks more like it was on Hive 0.11.
Is uberized mode enabled in YARN (mapreduce.job.ubertask.enable)? Could be due to HIVE-5857.

On Jun 16, 2014, at 7:42 AM, 张伟 <zhangwei.justin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I run Hadoop-2.2.0 + Hive-0.13.0 on a cluster. WordCount example succeeds running
and it's ok to create table in hive cli. But when i run hive query with mapreduce jobs, then
i keep getting errors like:

> Diagnostic Messages for this Task:
> Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: HIVE_PLAN7b8ea437-8ec3-4c05-af4e-3cd6466dce85
(No such file or directory)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:230)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.init(HiveInputFormat.java:255)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.pushProjectionsAndFilters(HiveInputFormat.java:381)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.pushProjectionsAndFilters(HiveInputFormat.java:374)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.CombineHiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(CombineHiveInputFormat.java:540)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$TrackedRecordReader.<init>(MapTask.java:167)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:408)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:162)
>     at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:157)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: HIVE_PLAN7b8ea437-8ec3-4c05-af4e-3cd6466dce85
(No such file or directory)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:146)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:101)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:221)
>     ... 12 more
>

> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask
> MapReduce Jobs Launched:
> Job 0: Map: 1   HDFS Read: 0 HDFS Write: 0 FAIL
> Total MapReduce CPU Time Spent: 0 msec
>
> According to the error messages above, i find that hive.exec.scratchdir (/tmp/hive-${user.name})
where hive plan files are stored is cleaned up, when query finished.
> But when i use hive-0.12 version, the directory was not cleaned, and all hive plan files
are kept there. I think it's the main problem causing the errors.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE