hive-user mailing list archives

From <shouvanik.hal...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Any idea how to find out how long map reduce jobs are running?
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:57:50 GMT
There is no specific map reduce program here. Actually sqoop jobs run and internally that executes
a map-reduce job.

From: Brad Ruderman [mailto:bruderman@radiumone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:54 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Any idea how to find out how long map reduce jobs are running?

Wrap your map reduce job in a script or something, maybe a python script and monitor the job
asynchronously.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM, <shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com<mailto:shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com>>
wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, Brad.

Actually, the requirement is,

We have to write a monitor to track how long a map-reduce job runs. If the map reduce job
runs after a specific time, certain actions should be taken.

Have you ever created one?

Thanks,
Shouvanik