hive-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Jeffrey <bryan.jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Tez jobs and yarn queues
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 00:34:39 GMT
Hello.

I am running hadoop 2.2.0 and Hive 0.13.0. I am experimenting with Tez
0.4.0. I seem to only be able to execute a single job at a time. With
standard Yarn MR jobs, I can execute multiple jobs simultaneously using the
fair scheduler. I added my yarn queue names to Tez, but it continues to
execute jobs in series (starting one after the previous job finishes).
Queued jobs sit in the running state with one container allocated and no
progress until other job completes.

Is there a configuration trick here?  Is it documented anywhere? This
applies to both Tez and Yarn jobs executed with 'tez-yarn' enabled.

Regards,

Bryan Jeffrey