hive-user mailing list archives

From Dima Machlin <Dima.Mach...@pursway.com>
Subject RE: HiveServer2 with Hive CLI
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 08:52:22 GMT
You are using the default Derby metastore?
There shouldn’t be any problem opening multiple connections to MySQL, Oracle or Postgres.

From: Amjad ALSHABANI [mailto:ashshabani@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:42 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: HiveServer2 with Hive CLI

Hello everybody,

I m trying to start hiveserver2 to connect to hive via a PHP application, but in the same
time I would like to keep connecting Hive CLI ( hive> ) on the same machine to execute
some request manually. It seems that it is not possilbe to do so   (the Hive thrift server
seems to lock the metastore ).

Is there a way to configure Hive and Hiveserver2 so they could both work together on same
machine.
I ve seen that using beeline cli may solve this issue but I m not aiming to move now to this
solution since it is a production machine and moving to new CLI would cost me some time

Cheers

Amjad