hive-user mailing list archives

From "Subramanian, Sanjay (HQP)" <sanjay.subraman...@roberthalf.com>
Subject Re: How to get hdfs zip files in localfilesystem
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:26:19 GMT
This looks like the file has Ctrl A (default delimiter)

Try this

CTRLA=$(echo -e "\x01ā€); sed 's/'${CTRLA}'/\t/gā€™ TheCombinedResultOfTheJob.txt > TheCombinedResultOfTheJob.tsv;
less TheCombinedResultOfTheJob.tsv

Thanks
Warm Regards

Sanjay

From: Kishore kumar <kishore@techdigita.in<mailto:kishore@techdigita.in>>
Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 9:38 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: How to get hdfs zip files in localfilesystem

I am getting the message if i run below command to see the contents in merged file, please
help how to do this, if I am storing the query result in local filesystem I can able to see
the contents.

# less TheCombinedResultOfTheJob.txt

"TheCombinedResultOfTheJob.txt" may be a binary file.  See it anyway?  y   when i enter "y"
the result is

0^A0^A0^A11^A0^A12^A416^A0.0
0^A0^A0^A11^A38^A12^A87^A0.0
0^A0^A0^A12^A53^A11^A1^A0.0