hive-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pig,hive install over hadoop
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:15:16 GMT
Pig and hive do not come in bare minimum version. Its complete pig or hive
package

You can use existing hadoop cluster with pig and hive.
If you do not need persistent storage for hive tables, then you dont need
to configure much .

Search for hive with derby and that should get you started.
On pig side, just downloading the binaries is good enough. You can point it
to your HADOOP_HOME and it should work fine

--
Nitin Pawar