hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: UDFs in Beeline w/ Hive 0.13.0
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:07:55 GMT
Is this embedded beeline, or going against HiveServer2?  Which one is picking up the .hiverc?

Hive really should be printing the exact exception message there (GenericUDFBridge), it prints
that error on any exception it encounters in that part of the logic. It might be hiding what
the actual error is, for example if the UDF class does not have public scope (which caused
UDFs to fail starting with 0.12).  If you are able to build Hive you might want to consider
printing out the exception that is occurring at that point in case it is an error other than
the jar not being in the class path.

Thanks,
Jason

On Apr 30, 2014, at 11:37 AM, Brad Ruderman <bruderman@radiumone.com> wrote:

> Post your exact code. I think you might be using a reserved word perhaps?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Bryan Jeffrey <bryan.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We have a number of UDFs that were working under Hive 0.12.0.  After upgrade to Hive
13 we are seeing errors executing queries with UDFs.    The UDF jar file is in the $HIVE_CONF/.hiverc
file as 'add jar <jar file>', and the 'create temporary function' call is there too.

> We are continuing to see the following error:
> Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10014]: Line
1:7 Wrong arguments 'data': The UDF implementation class 'com.MyFunction' is not present in
the class path (state=42000,code=10014)

> I have also tried adding the JAR to HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH.  After a restart of Hive we continue
to see the same errors.  Any ideas?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE