hive-user mailing list archives

From Dima Fadeyev <dfade...@pragsis.com>
Subject Number of hive-server2 threads increments after jdbc connection
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:17:33 GMT
Hello everyone,

When I run a jdbc example from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients#HiveServer2Clients-JDBCClientSampleCode

against my hive server, the number of hive-server2 threads increments.
If I execute it long enough I either start seeing exceptions

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException:
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing
ExecuteStatement
     at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:203)
     at HiveJdbcClient.main(HiveJdbcClient.java:24)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error
processing ExecuteStatement
     at
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:108)
     at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:71)
     at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Client.recv_ExecuteStatement(TCLIService.java:213)
     at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Client.ExecuteStatement(TCLIService.java:200)
     at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:197)
     ... 1 more

or I bump into a limit of connections with Zookeeper (each hive-server2
thread maintains a connection with Zookeeper. I have
hive.support.concurrency enabled).

In either case I can't connect to hive server after that.

I've tried this on hive 0.10 (cdh 4.4) and hive 0.12 (cdh 5.0 and hdp
2.0.6) with same results.

Please, could anyone help me resolve this.
Thanks in advance.