hive-user mailing list archives

From fab wol <darkwoll...@gmail.com>
Subject MSCK REPAIR TABLE
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:01:25 GMT
Hey everyone,

I have a table with currently 5541 partitions. Daily there are 14
partitions added. I will switch the update for the metastore from "msck
repair table" to "alter table add partition", since its performing better,
but sometimes this might fail, and i need the "msck repair table" command.
But unfortunately its not working anymore with this table size it seems:

0: jdbc:hive2://clusterXYZ-> use <DB_NAME>;
No rows affected (1.082 seconds)
0: jdbc:hive2://clusterXYZ-> set hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout=6000;
No rows affected (0.029 seconds)
0: jdbc:hive2://clusterXYZ-> MSCK REPAIR TABLE <TABLENAME>;
Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return
code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask (state=08S01,code=1)
Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return
code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask (state=08S01,code=1)

anyone had luck with getting this to work? As you can see, I already raised
the time until the Thrift Timeout kicks in, but this error is happening
even before the time runs off ...

Cheers
Wolli