hive-user mailing list archives

From fab wol <darkwoll...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MSCK REPAIR TABLE
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:18:17 GMT
Hey Nitin and everyone else,

so let me tell you from memory that the Hive CLI Error was kind of the same
and nothing saying like the beeline error. Would have been no uplift here.

I was restarting the cluster (it is a cloud cluster provided by
http://www.unbelievable-machine.net), for getting the HiveServer2 Log and
to be very sure, that everything is well set up. During this all
tasktrackers are deleted and newly setup (HDFS and storage is not touched
at all, neither are configs). After that the msck repair table stmt is
going well and its actually not so slow at all, as i thought it might be
(ca. 110 secs per table). I guess there might have been some logs/tmp/cache
data stacked up, and that might have caused the errors ...

Slightly confusing, but i will post if I find out what exactly was throwing
the error here in the future ...

Cheers for the help
Wolli