hive-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient with webhcat REST
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:13:50 GMT
the URL to describe a table should be
.../database/<dbname>/table/<tablename>?.... but your exception happens
before the URL problem.

Have you checked templeton.hive.properties property in webhat-site.xml?
 does hive.metastore.uris there point at the right location for your
metastore?

templeton.libjars is translated to "-libjars" argument to 'hadoop jar'
command which is used for job submission via WebHcat.  It should not affect
DDL statements via WebHCat.

Eugene

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE