hive-user mailing list archives

From Jone Lura <jone.l...@ecc.no>
Subject Re: hive load data from remote system
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:53:28 GMT
Hi Vishnu,

I have a similar scenario, and I came over the webhdfs project that is a REST service interface
to the Hadoop File system.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/webhdfs.html

Im not sure if this makes it simpler than using FTP, but it is an alternative which may be
considered.

Best regards,

Jone

On 04 Mar 2014, at 06:03, Vishnu Viswanath <vishnu.viswanath25@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a scenario where i have to load data into a hive table from a csv file.
> But the csv file is in a remote system.
>
> I am planning to use ftp to transfer the file to the system where hive is running and
load the data into the table. Is there any better way of doing this?