hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mungre,Surbhi" <Surbhi.Mun...@Cerner.com>
Subject Hive queries for disk usage analysis
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:29:48 GMT
Hello All,

We are doing some analysis for which we need to determine things like size of the largest
row or size of the largest column. By size, I am referring to disk space usage. Does HIVE
provide any functions to run such queries?

Thanks,
Surbhi Mungre
Software Engineer
www.cerner.com<http://www.cerner.com/>