hive-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject What are all the factors that go into the number of mappers - ORC
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 01:25:53 GMT
I have two clusters, but small dev clusters, and I loaded the same dataset
into both of them.   The data size on disk is within 2000 Bytes. Both are
ORC, one is Hive 11 and one is Hive 12.  One is allocating about 8 more
mappers to the exact same query. I am just curious what settings would
change that. I checked through all my setting, but can't see what would
cause the discrepancy. Is this an ORC v11 vs v12 thing?

I'd be curious on the thoughts of the group.