hive-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Jain <vaibhav.jain...@gmail.com>
Subject Which side (map/reduce) does a UDF/UDTF/UDAF execute
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 23:23:43 GMT
Hi,

I need to know  what are conditions based on which  Hive decides to execute
a  UDF, UDTF and UDAF  on the map or reduce side. So far I have understood
that UDFs are mostly executed on map side and
UDAFs on reduce side. But are there any conditions in which a UDF can be
executed on reduce side and UDAF on map side.  I haven't found any info for
UDTFs. It would be great if you could provide an explanation  for each of
theses or point me to the hive source code files where I should look for
the answers.

--
Thanks
Vaibhav Jain