hive-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sykes <andy.sy...@forward3d.com>
Subject Why would LOAD DATA INPATH hang?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:23:44 GMT
Hi all,

We're submitting LOAD DATA INPATH commands to Hive via the Hiveserver2
Thrift interface. We are generally submitting a few thousand of these
requests in the space of a few hours. Every day, about 5-10 of these
commands will hang indefinitely. It's almost impossible to track down the
request in the Hiveserver2 logs as there are thousand of interactions
happening and it's very difficult to see what request goes with what log
lines.

What are the reasons a LOAD DATA INPATH could hang?

Andy.