hive-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Sass <Daniel.S...@pontis.com>
Subject RE: DESCRIBE EXTENDED show numRows=0
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:23:50 GMT
Hi,
I’m using 12.0 version and seems that ANALYZE command doesn’t update the table level statistics
while partitions level are just fine.
For example (after running the command ANALYZE TABLE T1 partition(date_prt) COMPUTE STATISTICS):

I get:
.
Partition db1.t1{date_prt=2014-01-26} stats: [num_files: 16, num_rows: 9030050, total_size:
51413507, raw_data_size: 477332702]
Table db1.t1 stats: [num_partitions: 0, num_files: 0, num_rows: 0, total_size: 0, raw_data_size:
0]  <<<------ a problem
.

Is there any update on this issue?
Thanks Dsass

From: Navis류승우 [mailto:navis.ryu@nexr.com]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 2:44 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: DESCRIBE EXTENDED show numRows=0

Could you check the task log?

For stat gathering, hive uses derby by default. If the jdbc driver for derby is not in auxlib,
task cannot publish stats.

2014-01-30 Stephen Sprague <spragues@gmail.com<mailto:spragues@gmail.com>>:
the answer to this would seemingly be no.  i just tried it in hive v0.12.
numRows=0 before and numRows=0 after my running of "analyze table <table> compute statistics"
other values are populated though just not numRows. I wonder why that is.
Cheers,
Stephen
{noformat}

parameters:{numPartitions=0, numFiles=420, last_modified_by=dwr, last_modified_time=1390986197,
transient_lastDdlTime=1391060001, totalSize=10748060517, numRows=0, rawDataSize=0}, viewOriginalText:null,
viewExpandedText:null, tableType:MANAGED_TABLE)
{noformat}

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Lefty Leverenz <leftyleverenz@gmail.com<mailto:leftyleverenz@gmail.com>>