hive-user mailing list archives

From Ian Jackson <Ian_Jack...@trilliumsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:47:42 GMT
I am not sure that it should say anything different.. I would like to run Hive on Windows.
I was wondering if any details existed on why Cygwin didn't work or an alternative for Windows
other than using Hortonworks.

>From my point of view is it valid to say that no other details exist and use the source.

From: Lefty Leverenz [mailto:leftyleverenz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 9:53 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0

That's from the first sentence of Getting Started, which needs to be rewritten:

DISCLAIMER: Hive has only been tested on unix(linux) and mac systems using Java 1.6 for now
- although it may very well work on other similar platforms. It does not work on Cygwin.

What should it say instead?

-- Lefty

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Eric Hanson (BIG DATA) <Eric.N.Hanson@microsoft.com<mailto:Eric.N.Hanson@microsoft.com>>