hive-user mailing list archives

From Rishabh Bhardwaj <rbnex...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error in metadata: MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:22:33 GMT

On Thursday, 27 February 2014 12:37 PM, Rishabh Bhardwaj <rbnext29@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi ,

I have created a external table and when I provide the location of the data for this table
I get the following error:
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite
cause)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
Also I am able to load the same file using PIG Script using the PigStorage() loader function.
I have the following permissions on the file:   rw-rw-r--
and on the folder where this file resides (Giving the path of this folder in location in the
query ) : drwxrwxr-x
What can be the cause for this and how to correct this error ?