hive-user mailing list archives

From Lefty Leverenz <leftylever...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Hive
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:05:09 GMT
I can only answer your last question about rebuilding the metastore:  a new
Hive schema tool can do that for you, as described in the wiki
here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Schema+Tool#HiveSchemaTool-TheHiveSchemaTool>
.

This tool can be used to initialize the metastore schema for the current
> Hive version. It can also handle upgrading the schema from an older version
> to current. It tries to find the current schema from the metastore if it is
> available. This will be applicable to future upgrades like 0.12.0 to
> 0.13.0. In case of upgrades from older releases like 0.7.0 or 0.10.0, you
> can specify the schema version of the existing metastore as a command line
> option to the tool.

-- Lefty